Introduction

 Hello!       

    My name is Max Treece-Noran, and I am a Film and Performing Arts major originally from Eagle River, Alaska. Recently, however, I moved to Albuquerque to pursue work opportunities while I continue to study from a distance. It's been quite the change and I'm still not used to the heat, hopefully that comes sooner than later.


Hopper, Edward. Lighthouse Hill, 1927

My relationship with the arts is one that has grown significantly through time. My first love in this world was photography, which in turn led me to learn more about the history of art and composition, not only to improve my own work but to appreciate that of others. The older I get, the stronger my love and appreciation for the arts grows. To me, the emotional essence it can demonstrate is so far, unmatched. 



Comments

  1. I hear you on the heat factor. My husband's nephew lives in Albuquerque. He and his good buddy have a successful chain of pizza places there - Pizza 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something I wasn't prepared for wither was the heat down in the lower-48. I understand now why they get so excited for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Max! I'm from California, and I returned to school from a scalding hot summer back home. I am familiar with hotter weather, and I wish you the best with your current circumstances. Make sure to stay hydrated. I like the artwork you chose to display. I like the texture the artist presented in the hills and the shifting color of the sky. I like the way the lighthouse cuts a clean line into the sky. The lighthouse is an intriguing figure in this piece because of the importance of light. Light plays a significant role in the use of shadows throughout the hills and on the buildings. If you're interested in sharing, I'd love to hear more about your love of photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening Max! I am originally from New York but I moved to Alaska 2 years ago. Although I am only here for 1 more year I am still not used to -40 degree weather. New York is also cold but I have never gotten a freeze burn while trying to open my car door during the winter. I would not consider myself a photographer but I love capturing beautiful scenery. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Max. I love the painting that you posted with the lighthouse. The lighthouse, alone, looks cool, but he did a great job with painting the rolling hills and the cloud in the background. It must have taken him quite a while to paint. I also thought the video you shared was pretty interesting. It is cool that Arnold Newman was able to make a living from taking portraits of people. Looking at his work, though, I am able to see why he was so successful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Art Analysis - Elements of Shipwreck

The Cost of Nations and Neoclassicism